There are many mobile applications that allow you to carry out most of your personal finance transactions online and on the go.
To keep your financial data safe, keep these security tips in mind:
- Enable a passcode/password on your phone. This will ensure that no one else can simply pick up your phone and access your personal information.
- Enable the auto-lock feature on your phone. This will lock your phone after a certain period of inactivity. Use auto-lock with a password to make sure no one else can access your phone.
- Make sure your security software is up-to-date. When your network carrier sends you alerts that a security or operating system update is available, download it as soon as possible.
- Watch for fake texts or other messages telling you to go to a site or call in. Spam messages can open the door to malware, which software hackers use to disrupt computer operation, gather sensitive information, or gain access to private computer systems.
- Only install applications from trusted sources. Use Google Play Store or Apple App Store and avoid installing apps from unknown sources.
- Avoid public Wi-Fi. The information you send over public Wi-Fi can potentially be seen by others using the network—including hackers. Instead, use your mobile carrier’s network when accessing confidential information.
- Turn off Bluetooth and Wi-fi when not in use. Leaving them on when you are out in public leaves your phone vulnerable to hackers. Only connect to trusted networks.
For more information about how to protect yourself from digital threats and scams, please visit www.unitedone.org/digital-safety.
UnitedOne Credit Union has branches in Manitowoc and Sheboygan, and is open to everyone living or working in Manitowoc, Sheboygan, Kewaunee and Door counties. The credit union serves consumers and small to mid-sized businesses.
When you join UnitedOne Credit Union, you become a member-owner of a not-for-profit financial institution with a history of success and service dating back more than 80 years. Our "We're here because you're here" philosophy continues to grow our reputation of strength, stability, service, and convenience today. We embrace a successful and straightforward member-owned cooperative mission: meet the financial needs of our members by empowering them with the knowledge to make informed financial decisions. That's the UnitedOne difference.
To learn more about our services, contact us today! You can book an appointment online to see a Member Service Representative or Mortgage Specialist. You can also call us at 920-684-0361 or 920-451-8222.
« Return to "Blog"