There’s no denying we are living in unprecedented times due to the Corona Virus (COVID-19). We’re all in the midst of uncertainty, and it seems like almost every time you listen to the news, something changes. As millions of Americans struggle with a temporary pause in their employment and the economy already seeing a drop, it has the public wondering what they can do to protect themselves and their wallet. Here are some tips to help set your mind at ease so you come out of the pandemic financially stable.
WHAT UNITEDONE IS DOING:
- We continually disinfect our lobbies and offices, including door handles, countertops, and Personal Teller Machines (PTMs) both indoors and outdoors.
- Our employees may use sanitary gloves when handling transactions as a precaution.
- Even though we are disinfecting our equipment, you may also wipe it down before using, if you like.
- We routinely conduct Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery exercises to ensure that we can maintain successful operations and member service.
Manage your finances:
- Take advantage of our PTMs, ATMs, Internet Banking, Bill Pay and Mobile Banking app—you can easily check balances, make transfers and pay bills through these free tools, without having to leave your home or come inside branch.
- If you currently do not have a Debit Card, please call us to order one. ATMs will offer 24/7 access to cash at many different locations nationwide. With our Internet Banking site, you can make transfers to and from other financial institutions as well as send money to an individual using our Person-to-Person (P2P) feature.
- With our mobile app, you can perform a variety of transactions, including mobile deposit of checks, remote bill payment and transfers. You can load your debit or credit card into Apple Pay®, Samsung Pay® or Google Pay™ and simply use the tap and go mobile wallet at accepting retailers. This can avoid having to use your card or keypads in public locations.
- Activate your E-Statements if you have not already and reduce your exposure to mail flow and related contamination risks.
- Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly with soap or sanitizer before and after any money transactions, including currency exchange or payments, card usage, and PTM/ATM transactions.
- Members can always apply for loans remotely through our website, UnitedOne.org. Most loan payments can be made online or by phone.
- With a heightened pandemic threat, comes the elevated potential of scams. If anyone contacts you purporting to be from any agency or financial institution and asks for your personal information, please be diligent and do not share any account, social security, password or other personal identification details. Hang up and call us directly at 920-684-0361 or 920-451-8222. Read more on how to identify scams here.
Maximize your savings
Whether you are still working from home or are collecting unemployment insurance, it’s more important than ever to set aside as much money as you can into your savings account. An extra cushion or emergency fund can protect you and your family should something change with your job or if you need to use it for medical expenses. Want to get rewarded for saving? If so, check out Saver’s Sweepstakes® which gives you chances to WIN money in a statewide drawing each month. Discover Saver Sweepstakes details so you can start saving – and earning chances to WIN – today! Here are some of the benefits of our easy savings account.
- Easy deposits & withdrawals in person, by phone, online and mobile
- 24/7/365 Internet Banking & Mobile Banking
- Competitive rates
- And so much more than a piggy bank
Use credit cards or debit cards, instead of cash
While you might have always been told the opposite, this is one time where using credit card or debit card is more ideal than cash. Why? Not only can credit cards and debit cards be used for online purchases which will become a necessity in the coming weeks, but cash can also increase your risk of spreading coronavirus. Learn more about debit cards here.
Keep lenders informed
If you are having trouble making payments for a student loan, your mortgage, credit cards, utilities, car payments or another loan, the worst thing you can do is ignore it. Credit card companies and lenders may be able to offer you solutions during this time, waive fees or allow you to adjust or even delay payments. When contacting your lenders, be prepared to explain:
- Your financial and employment situation
- How much you can afford to pay
- When you’re likely to be able to restart regular payments
- Be prepared to discuss your income, expenses and assets
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES AND TIPS
The following Federal websites are continuously providing updates on the current state of the Coronavirus.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - www.cdc.gov
- World Health Organization – www.who.int
- OSHA – Safety and Health Topics - www.osha.gov
While it’s true we are living in uncertain times, you can take steps to help protect yourself or a loved one from the financial impact of the coronavirus. UnitedOne Credit Union is a member-owned cooperative serving Manitowoc, Sheboygan, Kewaunee and Door Counties. We continue to serve and educate our members to help them build their financial future.
For the most up-to-date information on what we’re doing during these unprecedented times, please visit this page. Feel free to also contact us with any questions by phone at 1-800-405-1575 or use our secure Contact Us form.
While there are many aids and helpful resources financial institutions and the government are providing during this time, there are also scammers taking advantage of this time to defraud individuals and businesses.
As our member, we're here for you. We want to make you aware of scams that are happening and want to help protect you from potential loss.
Here are some points to remember:
- The IRS will not call you to verify any personal or account information regarding the funds from the CARES Act (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act). For more info, learn more.
- Do not trust any unsolicited phone calls, text messages, or emails from an unknown source or institution that asks for your personal information.
- If you receive a call from anyone that you’re unsure about, hang up and call us right away. DO NOT give out your personal or account information.
- If you receive a text message or email and you’re unsure about it, contact us. Don’t respond or open anything that was sent to you.
- Be cautious of scams on social media.
Here are some tips in helping you identify a scam:
- If what they’re presenting to you is too good to be true
- If they’re asking you for personal information or account information
- If they’re creating a sense of urgency, fear or threat
- If there is a typo or incorrect spelling of a source or institution
These scammers may identify themselves as a financial institution, government-related organization, healthcare providers, charity organization, national and global health authorities, etc. Please use caution when opening emails, responding to text messages, or receiving calls from these sources.
We are aware that there is an alert scam, disguised as a financial institution, sending text messages to people. While UnitedOne does have a text message option as part of our protection program, we will not ask you to call us or ask you for your personal, account, or card information. If you want to call, please call the phone number listed on the back of your debit card. You can also call UnitedOne directly.
If you believe there may be fraud on your debit card, don’t hesitate to contact us. You can also find more information about debit card fraud here. If you’re using our Mobile App, you can freeze your debit card in the meantime until the issue is resolved.
Please be aware that these scams may be increasing in the coming days and weeks. To protect yourself, DO NOT give out your personal information, account information, or debit/credit card information. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. We’re in this together.
Do you have a checking account? Do you have an email?
Are you getting e-statements yet?
Electronic statements (e-statements) have many benefits.
At UnitedOne, we want our service to be helpful and convenient to our members. One way we do that is by offering e-statements.
Here are a few benefits to having e-statements:
- You get notified when your statement is ready, and you can view it right away through online banking. You can also print it out and it looks identical to what you would receive in the mail. You can also choose not to print it out. This is entirely up to you.
- Identity fraud is typically higher through paper trail.
- You won’t be charged a statement fee. Many institutions now charge a paper statement fee. You can avoid this by enrolling in e-statements.
- Because e-statements are available online, you can also view it in mobile banking. That means you can view it even while you’re on vacation! You’ll always be up-to-date on what’s happening with your account.
Many members who are enrolled in e-statements have found it convenient and beneficial.
If you’re ready to make the switch, stop by one of our offices to sign-up for e-statements. If you still have other questions, stop by and talk to us about it. We’re here to help you build financial strength for your everyday.
MemberXP, a credit union member experience measurement platform, has designated UnitedOne Credit Union as one of 2020’s Best Loan Experience credit unions.
The MemberXP Best of the Best designation is awarded to credit unions that consistently provide exceptional levels of member service during a calendar year. This prestigious award is given to fewer than one in five of the high-performing credit unions using MemberXP’s service evaluation platform. A credit union cannot apply for this award. It is independently granted by MemberXP based on specific criteria including member service and ease of use.
MemberXP is a platform that allows our members to provide feedback on the service they receive from UnitedOne. Through this platform, we’re able to listen to members and improve their member experience. UnitedOne is delighted that our loan experience is one of the best among high-performing credit unions. We thank our team for providing an extraordinary experience to our members.
We’re proud to continue serving our members and our community.
We also want to remind you that while our lobbies are closed at this time and we’ve moved to drive-thru only service, you can still get a loan from us. You can apply right from the comforts of your home! Click here for the application or visit UnitedOne.org to get started.
If you have any questions or would like to talk to someone directly, we can still be reached at 920-684-0361 for Manitowoc or
920-451-8222 for Sheboygan during normal business hours.
For the most up-to-date information on what UnitedOne is doing during this outbreak, click here: https://www.unitedone.org/covid-19-update
It’s no surprise that Americans today are busier than ever. We are rushing here and there, busy and stressed from balancing work and family life, sports activities, running errands, possibly caring for older adults, not to mention the everyday chores. Children today are much more likely than not to grow up in households where both parents work. In fact, nearly half of all two-parent families today work full time, a significant increase from previous decades. This can leave families feeling short of quality time.
If this sounds familiar, the last thing you want to worry about is the added stress of managing your banking, that’s why at UnitedOne Credit Union, we put you first by offering free Kasasa® checking accounts. See why people have picked Kasasa over 2 million times.
Kasasa Checking Reward Accounts
Consumers hate fees! In fact, 93% of Millennials say no-fees banking is important when choosing an institution.* Which is why they LOVE that Kasasa checking accounts have no minimum balance or monthly maintenance fees and offer refunds on ATM withdrawal fees. Here are the 3 different checking account options:
- Kasasa Cash® is a free checking that offers an eye-catching yield on balances and you only have to do basic banking activities you’re already doing to qualify every month. Learn more about Kasasa Cash here.
- Kasasa Cash Back® is a free checking that pays you back with cash back on debit card purchases! Who doesn’t like cash back right? Learn more about it here.
- Kasasa Tunes® is yet another free checking that refunds you for online purchases you make from certain digital platforms. Read all about it here!
Checking That Cares
Kasasa is all about putting the benefits where they belong, in your pocket with FREE checking!
- Cash rewards every month that earns 34x more than average accounts.
- No monthly maintenance fees EVER.
- Refunds on ATM withdrawal fees nationwide.
At UnitedOne Credit Union, we aim to offer you financial solutions that fit your unique lifestyle and goals. That is why we are now offering Free Kasasa Checking. Stop in to talk to an MSR today or visit UnitedOne.org to find the Kasasa checking account that's right for you.
At UnitedOne, our mission is to help you build financial strength for your everyday life…together. This doesn’t only include you but also your kids.
It’s never too early to teach kids financial responsibility. Something people like to teach kids is the importance of saving. One way to get kids started is by opening a savings account.
We offer different savings accounts depending on your financial goals. Whether your goal is to simply provide an opportunity for your child to learn more about savings or to start a college savings fund, we are here to help you.
We know that your goals are unique to you, which is why we offer different options with your best interest in mind. Want to open a savings for your newborn or 9 year-old child? We have something for you. Our Mates Club is a savings account for kid ages 0 (newborn) to 11 (eleven).
Your teenage daughter just got her first paycheck? Check out our eXTreme Fundz Savings account.
Whether your child is nine or just getting their first paycheck, UnitedOne credit union can help. Talk to one of our Member Service Representative today to see all the available options for you.
You can find more information about our different savings account options here.
Mobile Banking and You!
Everyone has heard of internet banking, and mostly everyone has heard of mobile banking. In my few years of having my own account, I’ve really come to lean on mobile banking. It’s easy to use and more helpful than I imagined.
Mobile banking comes with boatloads of features:
Now there is a ton of good stuff here on the mobile app and believe it or not these aren’t even all the features! Most of them are fairly self-explanatory, but if you would like to learn more about the functions, you can learn more from our Mobile Banking FAQ Page.
At UnitedOne Credit Union, We’re Here Because You’re Here – and so is our app! With the mobile app, we can be in your pocket, 24/7, 365 days a year. If you’re interested in the mobile app and you don’t know where to start, just stop in at any of our convenient offices. There will always be someone willing to help you. Remember when it comes to your finances there are NO bad questions. As always, we’re here because you’re here!
There are several benefits members enjoy with PTMs.Read More »
Build your financial strength and earn chances to win money.Read More »
Keeping your finances safe and secure is our ongoing mission.Read More »
UnitedOne Credit Union has added Laura Fielding as its Chief Human Resources Officer.Read More »
Differentiating between the two can be confusing, so we have put together a list of the advantages of joining a credit union as opposed to a bank.
Read More »
What to consider before having a home inspection done.Read More »
UnitedOne Credit Union has added Jason Grossklaus as its Senior Business Loan Specialist.Read More »
UnitedOne Credit Union is making a donation of $5,000 to Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.Read More »