Mobile Wallet FAQ-Google Pay™
Thanks for your interest in using your UnitedOne debit card with Google Pay™ through your mobile wallet! If your questions are not answered below, feel free to call us at 920-684-0361 or 920-451-8222, email us at membersupport@UnitedOne.org, or visit any of our branches and we’ll be happy to help you during business hours.
What Is a Mobile Wallet?
A mobile wallet is a form of wireless payment technology provided by your mobile device’s provider. It allows you to store your UnitedOne debit card information in a digital, secure and convenient manner right on your mobile device. Instead of using your physical debit card to make payments, you can pay using your smartphone, tablet or smartwatch. A mobile wallet provides you with increased convenience and security while accessing your checking account funds through your debit card. Other payment cards can also be stored in your mobile wallet.
What Do I Need to Set Up and Use Google Pay on My Device?
- A compatible Android device with internet access
- Your UnitedOne debit card
- To make in-store payments, your phone also needs to support NFC (Near Field Communication) and HCE (Host Card Emulation). To check for NFC, look for it in your phone’s Settings app.
Are There Fees to Set Up or Use Google Pay?
There are no fees to set up or use your debit card in Google Pay.
Is My Card Secure In Google Pay?
Absolutely! With Google Pay, your actual card number is never shared. Instead, a virtual account number is used so the card details are always kept safe. Also, if your device has been turned off, lost or otherwise inactive for the last 90 days, then cards will be deleted.
How Do I Add My Debit Card to Google Pay?
- Download the Google Pay app from Google Play™ and open it.
- If you have multiple Google Accounts in Google Pay, at the top left of the app, touch your name, then choose the account you want to add a card to.
- At the bottom right, tap +.
- Tap Add a credit or debit card.
- Use the camera to capture the card information or enter it manually.
- If you are asked to verify your card, you will be prompted to call UnitedOne Credit Union at 920-684-0361 or 920-451-8222.
- Find and enter the verification code.
Note: After you add a card, you might see a small temporary charge on your account. It won’t affect your balance and will disappear soon after.
How Do I Enroll My Card for Google Pay?
Android requires all its device users to be verified for Google Pay. Verification helps protect your account. You’ll get a prompt on your device to “Call your bank.” Our number will be listed and we’ll help you from there. Call UnitedOne directly at 920-684-0361 or 920-451-8222. It’s very important that we have your current contact information so your verification codes are sent to the right email address or phone number. If you call outside normal business hours, please choose option 6, our Debit Card prompt, then option 5, and leave a message. A member of our eServices team will return your call the next business day.
How Do I Pay for Purchases?
- In person: Unlock your phone and place near a contactless terminal. Payment confirmation will show on your device. To complete your transaction, you may need to sign a receipt or enter your PIN.
- Online and in apps: Look for the Google Pay purchase buttons at checkouts.
What If My Phone Is Lost or Stolen?
You can use Find My Device to instantly lock it from anywhere, secure it with a new password, or wipe it clean of personal data. You can also call UnitedOne Credit Union and we can suspend Google Pay.
How Do I Remove My Card?
Open the Google Pay app, tap the card you want to remove, scroll down and then tap Remove Card. Be aware that removing a card from Google Pay may not remove it from your payments profile in Google Payments Profile.
How Do I See Transaction History?
- In Google Pay: Open the Google Pay app, touch the card you used to pay, find and tap your transaction.
- On monthly statements: Your transactions will show as a Withdrawal Consumer Debit from the merchant.
What If I Notice an Unauthorized Charge using My Google Pay?
Please notify UnitedOne Credit Union immediately about any unauthorized charges.
Who Do I Contact If My Card Is Declined Using Google Pay, or If I Need More Help?
You may contact UnitedOne Credit Union or Google Pay Help.
Thank you for choosing UnitedOne Credit Union’s MasterCard debit card and Google Pay!