Mobile Wallet FAQ-Apple Pay®
Thanks for your interest in using your UnitedOne debit card with Apple Pay through your mobile wallet! If your questions are not answered below, feel free to call us at 920-684-0361 or 920-451-8222, email us at membersupport@UnitedOne.org, or visit any of our branches and we’ll be happy to help you during business hours.
What Is a Mobile Wallet?
A mobile wallet is a form of wireless payment technology provided by your mobile device’s provider. It allows you to store your UnitedOne debit card information in a digital, secure and convenient manner on your mobile device. Instead of using your physical debit card to make payments, you can pay using your smartphone, tablet or smartwatch. A mobile wallet provides you with increased convenience and security while accessing your checking account funds through your debit card. Other payment cards can also be stored in your mobile wallet.
What Do I Need to Set Up and Use Apple Pay on My Device?
- A compatible Apple device with internet access
- Your UnitedOne debit card
- The latest version of iOS, watchOS, or macOS
- An Apple ID signed in to iCloud
Are There Fees to Set Up or Use Apple Pay?
There are no fees to set up or use your debit card in Apple Pay.
Is My Card Secure In Apple Pay?
Absolutely! With Apple Pay, your actual card number is never shared. Your transactions are processed differently than using your physical card. Your actual card number is not stored on your device or Apple servers. Instead, a device-specific account number is created. Every transaction made with your device also requires you to authenticate with Touch ID or your passcode.
How Do I Add My Debit Card to Apple Pay?
- Go to Wallet>Add Credit or Debit Card and tap Next.
- If you’re asked to add the card that you use with iTunes, enter its security code and then tap Add a Different Card. You can choose to add card by aligning your card inside the frame so Apple Pay can automatically detect your card number and expiration date or you can enter your card details manually.
- Tap Next. Review Terms and Conditions and then tap Agree. You’ll be prompted to call us at 920-684-0361 or 920-451-8222 to verify your information. If we need more information to verify your card, we'll ask you for it. Go back to Wallet and tap your card to enter it. After we verify your card, you can tap Next to start using Apple Pay.
How Do I Enroll My Card for Apple Pay?
If for any reason Apple Pay needs further verification, you’ll get a prompt on your device to “Call your bank.” Call us at 920-684-0361 or 920-451-8222. It’s very important that we have your current contact information so your verification codes are sent to the right email address or phone number. If you call outside normal business hours, please choose option 6, our Debit Card prompt, then option 5, and leave a message. A member of our eServices team will return your call the next business day.
How Do I Pay for Purchases?
- In person: Rest your finger on Touch ID and hold your iPhone within a few centimeters of the contactless reader until you see Done and a checkmark on the display. If Touch ID isn’t on your device, you will be asked to enter your passcode to unlock your device. In some cases you may need to sign a receipt or enter your PIN.
- Online and in apps: Look for the “Buy with Apple Pay” or “Apple Pay” buttons at checkout.
What If My Apple Device Is Lost or Stolen?
You can go to the Apple ID account web page appleid.apple.com or use the Find My iPhone app to suspend or permanently remove the ability to pay from that device with Apple Pay, or call us at 920-684-0361 or 920-451-8222. Your card will be removed from Apple Pay even if the device is offline.
How Do I Remove My Card?
Go to Settings, choose Wallet and select Apple Pay, tap the card you want to remove and then tap Remove Card.
How Do I See Transaction History?
- In Apple Pay: When you view your card in Wallet, you’ll see the last transaction for each card you’re using Apple Pay with. The last 30 days of mobile wallet transactions will display when selecting a card.
- On monthly statements: Your transactions will appear the same as they do when using your card, a Debit Card Withdrawal.
What If I Notice an Unauthorized Charge using My Apple Pay?
Please notify UnitedOne Credit Union immediately about any unauthorized charges.
Who Do I Contact If My Card Is Declined Using Apple Pay, or If I Need More Help?
You may contact UnitedOne or Apple support.
Thank you for choosing UnitedOne Credit Union’s MasterCard debit card and Apple Pay!